McCann Aerospace was established in 1963 in Athens, Georgia. Originally founded as McCann Machine Company, Inc. by Bill and June McCann, the company established their reputation by focusing on quality production of complex aerospace components. During the early years of business, the company built C-130 and C-141 parts for Lockheed and was recognized as one (1) of only 14 of 6,000 suppliers for exceptional quality by Lockheed. This was one of many awards McCann has been honored to receive over the years.
Growing up in the business, John McCann, son of Bill and June, became President in 1986. The company has since changed its name to McCann Aerospace to emphasize their presence in the Aerospace and Military Industries. A secondary location in Macon, Georgia was built in 1996 to provide our customers with a secondary quick, turn around offload machining source.
The company continues to remain a small, independently owned business today.
Bill McCann, 18
Our Founder Circa 1940
McCann Aerospace was created
as McCann Machine Company, Inc. by Bill & June McCann in 1963.
During the early years, McCann Machine built
C-130 and C-141 parts for Lockheed.
The Beginning, 1963
McCann Machining began in a small 2000 square
McCann Aerospace 1997
In 1997 McCann Machine Co. expanded further and moved into a new 84,000 square foot facility. The name was changed to McCann Aerospace Machining Corporation to emphasize to our customers our dedication to the manufacture of aerospace components.